QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Do you need Military, Security or Law Enforcement training to take our EP course? No. Although a military, security and/or law enforcement background is desirable, it is not necessary to receive our training. We will teach you everything you need to know to operate effectively as an Executive Protection Specialist.
2. Are you recognized nationally and internationally? Yes. We are nationally recognized throughout the United States as one of the top Executive Protection schools in the country. We also currently have international affiliates in over 50 countries worldwide. Because we are a U.S. training academy, we are held in high regard by foreign countries around the world for our quality in training. We also have an A+ rating with the BBB – Better Business Bureau for our high quality training and customer service!
3. Where are you located? Our corporate office is located in Kennesaw, Georgia. Our school is located at 3230 Medlock Bridge Rd, Suite 112, Norcross, GA. 30092. Training is also conducted at select locations throughout Georgia,
4. If I have a criminal record. Can I still train? A recent criminal background record is required by ALL students attending our training and handled on a case-by-case basis. National Background checks are conducted by our recruitment office. Students with FELONY or misdemeanor charges of Domestic Violence, Physical Assault, unlawful use of a firearm, etc., WILL NOT be accepted for training.
5. Do you accept VA benefits ie: Gi Bill or Post 911 Bill? Currently, we do not, However, we are currently working with the VA to secure these benefits for our students in the future.
6. Do you offer payment options? Yes. Students may use our payment options link to make payments on their course. All certificates/credentials will be withheld by PHALANX until tuition balance is Paid in Full. No Exceptions.
7. Is your EP course “Hands-on” or classroom study only? Our Executive Protection course is both academic and “Hands-on” practical training, which is the only way to learn Executive Protection effectively.
8. Is there Firearms training during your EP course? Yes, our 10 Day Executive Protection Course offers “Firearm Training” and covers the firearms currently being used in executive protection today. Live Fire and Range Work are both covered in this course. Students are encouraged to bring their personal firearm and ammunition with them for this block of instruction. Firearm will be unloaded and inspected by our Firearm Instructors before entering class.
9. What can an EP Agent make in this business?
Salaries can vary in range from $30.00 to 75.00+ per/hour, to $500+
to $1,000+ per/day (this depends on the clients threat level and agent experience). Annual salaries can range from $40,000+ to over $100,000 per/year. Agents who are Bi-Lingual (speak multiple languages), or have extensive medical or emergency tactical first aid training, can command much more. Pay also depends on the agents experience, training, skill level, and ability to travel and relocate.
10. Do you accept international students? Yes. International students from around the world train with us annually.
11. Are your instructors certified? Yes. Our Instructors are “State Certified” with over 20 years experience in Executive Protection, Law Enforcement, Security, Military, Firearms, Martial Arts, Close Quarter Combat, Electronic/Cyber Security, Private Investigations and Tactical First Aid.
12. Are your credentials accredited / nationally recognized? Yes. Most of our courses are “State Certified” which means that the course has been reviewed and approved by the State Licensing Board. We are also accredited through the Nonpublic Post Secondary Education Commission, which allows our students to earn college credit towards a degree in Criminal Justice or Security Administration. PHALANX also has a strong national and international reputation that adds to the legitimacy of our certifications which are heavily weighted throughout the industry.
13. Do you help with employment after graduation from your EP course? We assist our students with job placement through the many professional security companies that we deal with on a regular basis. Many of our graduates own their own security and private detective companies and look favorably upon our graduates for possible employment.
14. Do you hire or guarantee employment? Employment is handled through our security company SSS which supports both Security Officers (Armed/Unarmed) and Private Detective / EP Agents.
15. If I am a graduate of another EP school, do I still need to take your course to receive your certification? YES! There are many individuals who attend several EP schools to broaden their knowledge. We recognize that there are many EP schools out there, each different and each teaching their concept of Executive Protection. We pride ourselves on offering one of the most complete and comprehensive Executive Protection curriculum’s currently being taught in the United States. Executive Protection is constantly evolving, therefore it is important that our students (experienced or not) receive the same uniform / updated training, so that all of our graduates operate from the same sheet of music, and not from a different school of thought. It is also a mandatory requirement that those interested in joining the Phalanx Instructor Team are EP graduates of this academy. No Exceptions.
16. Can a student record your training sessions for future reference? No. Personal Cameras and/or recording devices are not allowed during our training courses.
17. How old do you have to be to take your courses? 21 years of age.
18. What is the age range of your students? 21 to 60+
19. Are women allowed in your courses? Absolutely! As a matter of fact, female EP agents are in high demand, due to the fact that executive protection is a male dominated profession. More and more females are coming into this profession and making lucrative careers for themselves. See EP Women.
20. I’m not in the best of shape and I’m concerned about my physical fitness level. Will this keep me from attending your EP course? No. On the morning of Day Two of your training, you will be given a Physical Fitness Evaluation. This evaluation is given to access your current level of physical fitness. This is a PASS OR FAIL event. STUDENTS MUST PASS THIS EVENT TO GRADUATE THE 10 DAY EP COURSE. Students are encouraged to train on their own to prepare for the evaluation prior to attending our EP course. In addition to the Physical Fitness Evaluation, Physical Fitness Training will be conducted each morning prior to classroom instruction.
21. Once I graduate your course and receive my credentials, can I start working as an EP agent immediately? NOTE: The credentials that you earn from us, certifies that you have completed special study and training in Executive Protection and certifies you as an EPS – (Executive Protection Specialist). These credentials DO NOT license you to go out and start working as an EP agent. All states have their own laws and requirements in regards to working EP in their respective states. For example, here in the State of Georgia, you must be a (licensed Private Detective) to legally work as an EP agent. That being said, you would also have to complete the 70 Hour State Mandated Private Detective Course (Georgia Residents Only). Students are encouraged to check their state requirements for additional training, certifications or permits that they may need to legally work EP in their respective state. Only until you complete ALL state requirements, can you legally work EP.
22. How often is your Executive Protection course held? Our Executive Protection course is held once a year (annually) during the month of August. Training location may vary, but generally held in Kennesaw, Georgia. This is one of the most anticipated courses of the year that we offer, and we encourage students to register early to secure their seat.
23. I understand that Executive Protection is part of the 70 Hour State Mandated Private Detective Course under Georgia Rule 509-3-06. That being said, do I have to take your 7 Day Executive Protection Course? Good Question! No you do not. HOWEVER, WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO! The reason is because the Executive Protection portion of the Private Detective course is solely “Academic” and only requires the student to research and write a 3 to 4 page report on Executive Protection to satisfy course requirements. That being said, once the student receives his/her PI license, he/she can then operate legally as a PI or EP agent, however, he/she WILL NOT be (adequately trained) to perform as an EP agent. It is important to note that to operate effectively as an EP agent, you must learn the “Practical” side of EP which requires “Hands-on” training, to include but not limited to:
1. Formation Drills
2. Attack on Principal Drills (AOP)
3. Unarmed Self Defense
4. Emergency Tactical First Aid
5. Drawing from Concealment
7. Threat Assessment
To name a few, which you simply cannot get in the Private Detective course by itself.